View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #2042
FedericRoma83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyOne View Post
Federic, I must correct you: The 1931 and 1932 French pro were surely held. I keep the French papers of that time. I concede: Only French players participating.
So we really can't count them as Majors.

Quote:
Kozeluh was a seven times world champion.
Just four Pro Slam, all with depleted fields except US Pro 1932 (which was still not a Major in my opinion).

Quote:
Tilden was awesome in 1932 and about as strong as the best amateurs. For 1931 some posters here (not me) rank Big Bill even No.1.
He was surely strong, no doubts about it.

Quote:
Nüsslein was very strong indoors, see his great match against Budge at WEmbley.
Never said he was bad on indoor courts, I simply stated that he was one of the very best of the time on clay.

Quote:
Nüsslein's win over Vines in 1934 was not amazing (but still great) because he usually beat him on clay...
Can't understand why it was not amazing...
so, Nadal victories over Federer on clay are not amazing because he usually beat him there?

Quote:
Cochet was very strong in 1936. he never won a set against Nüsslein in all of their ten matches. Cochet won several amateur tournaments after WW2!
Little amateur tournaments with depleted fields, I can't count them in any manner. His only important victory has a Pro was the 1936 French tournament, which missed Nusslein, Tilden and Vines. In my opinion is clear that he was not so strong during his Pro years.
FedericRoma83 is offline   Reply With Quote