View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
dominikk1985
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnelarsen View Post
What is the better choice for a 60-75 year old tennis player who wants to compete in senior tournaments - a one-handed or a two-handed backhand? I have seen several of these discussions for younger players, but such answers cannot be transferred to older players, since it is another game when you are past 60. I know that almost all of the best 60+ players of today have one-handed backhands, and I wonder what the reason is. The two-handed backhand has been popular since Connors, Evert and Borg broke through in the start of the 70s and a lot of young persons copied their backhands at that time. However, the vast majority of the better players in their 50s, which I run into, have one-handed backhands, although the two-handed backhand was about equally popular when they learned to play tennis. Being 51 myself, I wonder if I should prepare myself to switch to a one-handed backhand in the near future?

Best

Arne
there always have been 2 handers but the 2 hander used to be considered a a technically inferior or "*****" shot. real men were supposed to be one handed.

so basically the 2HBH had the same image the the 2HFH has now.
dominikk1985 is offline   Reply With Quote