View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
tlm
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzlmcwizzl View Post
Well ... I wont comment on your strokes as they are better than mine. I will say that as far as NTRP range that is hard to judge without seeing match play.

I will say that I am a 4.5 and I would not be scared of you in a doubles match based on what I see. In your rally shots you simply dont move your feet. I have 100 pounds on you and I still move my feet to hit balls occasionally. And the one volley we see would scare no one. Perhaps in singles being young and quick (which all young people are aren't they?) would help you considerably.

So if you were playing doubles exclusively I would say no higher than 3.5. But you could be as high as a 4.0 in singles provided your quickness made up for other deficiencies.
You say you are a 4.5 player but his strokes are better than yours? Then you say that he could only play 3.5 level doubles but 4.0 level singles. So what are your strokes then?

I see many players that only play doubles and play a level higher than if they played singles. It is the exact opposite of what you are saying, doubles is were players can get away with playing up. But in singles there is nowhere to hide.

I have been on quite a few teams and even the guys that only play singles could easily play doubles effectively on the team. But the majority of the doubles guys would get their butts beat and never win a match in singles. And most would have to go down a level to play singles. So you have it completely backwards.
tlm is offline   Reply With Quote