View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
paulorenzo
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by heninfan99 View Post
I think it's true. Kohlschreiber has one of the best 1hbh on the planet and opted to hit moonballs back to Tsonga.

Obviously Nadal's heavy topspin is going to be an issue for most but Gasquet does a good job of it and he stands back waiting for it to drop. I have seen Gasquet do a jumping 1hbh once and I don't know if that could ever be done consistently. It was sort of like Nalby's jumping two hander.

Tsonga shows his 1hbh in this vid. Knowing both could be a new trend and maybe one-handers should also learn the two-hander nowadays. It's nice to have options.
gasquet does bring that out once in a while, especially on returns or on the defense. but look up bjorn phau. jumping backhands usually only happen when the situation calls for it—when you aren't in optimal position to either let the ball drop or take it early, or you just want to show off.

the reason i mention bjorn phau is because i feel he does the most jumping one-handers of all ohbh players on tour, perhaps because of his height and counterpuncher game, and perhaps for his flashy style.