Thread: get certified!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #70
zapvor
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX PLY View Post
There's absolutely nothing in my post that implies that. I was merely discussing what the certification test does and doesn't do--my sole point was that speeding through a string job is not what the USRSA is attempting to test. I was not comparing pro tournament stringers at all since it really is not topical. Of course, experienced tournament stringers who can turn around a frame in such a time do a good job--but then again they are all very experienced stringers who have already mastered the quality job and through experience can do it quickly. You are quite right, a fast time does not necessarily sacrifice quality but that is really only generally true for the top notch experienced stringers--not the average applicant taking the certification test.
i was also directly replying to your post. you never seperated the pro stringers from the others in your original post. furthermore, you said things about 'good advertising point', 'no extra credit for going fast', 'every burn was visible'

advertising point: good players know that certification means less than real experience.
no extra credit: lets just say i have experience with getting extra credit for going fast
every burn was visible: again, you are implying going fast means there will be issues, such as burning,etc. which means you are not at the certain level other stringers have gotten to. which is fine. i dont hit like roger either