View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #159
CEvertFan
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1 View Post
Honestly even with 25 majors it's not really to the point that Serena is clearly the best ever. Graf has 22 majors, a Grand Slam (very important) and 107 tournaments won. Court has 24 majors, also a Grand Slam and over 200 tournaments won.

Let's say Serena somehow ends up with 25 majors and 70 total tournaments won. Does it compare with Graf's 22 and 107 or Court's 24 and 200 with both winning Grand Slams? Doubtful unless Serena won several Grand Slams. Then it's feasible in my mind.

Right now Serena has only 46 tournaments won. Winning another 24 is a big stretch as well as winning 10 more majors. Remember she's past 30 so you have to figure someday you will see some decline. Even though with Serena because she hasn't played as much as many you figure she may have less wear and tear overall.
I just don't see it being possible for Serena. Even with the less wear and tear on her body because of her intentional limited playing schedule she has still had a lot of injuries over the years (some of them serious) so I just don't see it happening for her. She squandered her prime by having too many off court interests and not focusing on tennis while she was in her prime and leaving all the rest until she was done with tennis.
CEvertFan is offline   Reply With Quote