View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
El Zed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmice2 View Post
not to beat a dead horse or being a snob, but there are noticable difference between the austrian 630s and 280. There's that "buttery" feel that you dont find from today's harsh feeling rackets. Most racket freaks i talk to all agree to one thing - they dont make them like they use to - from the graphite quality to QA process. It is the main difference between those "elite" frames and frames in market now. As far as PT75 goes, you're buying them simply to claim you own a prostock.

As far as value, i dont think you'll find any racket in today's selection that's remotely close to a 630. Is not that you can or cannot customize to match the specs, they just dont feel the same. The closest to spec by number (without actually playing with it) is the PK Redondo MP.

In short, you just cannot expect the craftsmanship of a 630 in today's market. You'll have to accept today's frames for what they are and test them out.
That's my entire point. I understand appreciating something new, and get the need to purchase two sticks (if not multiple sticks) from a match perspective. But in terms of those that pick up individual sticks, or those looking to develop a collection, these are an absolute steal for half the cost of the originals. Frankly, people fall over themselves for the PT57A - for good reason, sure - but they are 3 to 4 times the cost and definitely not 3 to 4 times better. Frankly, at times feel ridiculous playing with a PT57A when the 280 is there. Then there is the issue of other pro stocks...

Again, an insane value all things considered.
El Zed is offline   Reply With Quote