View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
r2473
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleyoyo View Post
It makes a lot of sense to me.
While you think the process is some sort of selective vendetta, I think it’s strategic and utilizing 80/20 rule.
Without having unlimited personnel and resources, the MLB and cycling are trying to clean up their sports by taking down the top guys, the ring leaders, hoping for increased public awareness and a domino effect. I know it’s cliché but the best way to neutralize a snake is to cut off its head. We all know how difficult and expensive it is to go after a guy like Bonds or Armstrong.
A step in a right direction, don’t you think? The first step is always the hardest and I applaud them for it.
As is often the case, I think most people make up their minds first, and only then do they look for facts to back up their opinion (prejudice); not the other way around. Everyone "knows" Clemens, Bonds, etc don't "deserve" to be in the HOF, and everyone "knows" Biggio does. Now we just have to selectively look at things to support our view (you guys know that Biggio played pretty much the exact same years as Bonds and Clemens, right?).