View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #12315
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGads View Post
Yeah, I'm really excited to see how they handle themselves. Those are the two guys I'm really going to be eyeing early on, and on a much larger level, I really have a feeling Tsonga could be primed for a very big run. Have yet to look at his draw, though -- about to go check those out, I just heard about Murray of course ending up in Federer's draw again. Ugh.
Rats.

Quote:
On Football, it really makes a huge difference if you have a horse in the race. I'm from Houston so it's been a big year with the Texans, though I am fully prepared for a possible demise on Sunday, as we are just having such an awful finish to the year, including last week's very ugly win over the Bengals. The other big thing that gets me into football: fantasy football. That stupid game makes following the game and parking your butt on the Sunday couch very, very addicting.

But of course, in total agreement: tennis is king. In fact I'm even a much bigger baseball guy than football, but tennis is king. It's sad to me that the interest in the game in the States is waning so much at the moment while it seems to be thriving elsewhere. US tennis desperately needs a men's star to emerge, but it doesn't look like we're close to seeing a legitimate Slam contender anytime soon.
I hear you about having a horse in the race. The thing about football though is that only one team wins in the end. Well, you probably don't want to think about that now. But it seems different in tennis, where a tough loss can be a triumph of sorts. A third round exit a great accomplishment for some players. Ah, maybe not that different after all. One winner, 125 losers in Melbourne? Somehow the exit seems more brutal in football, maybe simply because there is only a single tournament in football, whereas there is a the whole season ahead after the Aussie Open. Well, I'm getting unnecessarily philosophical. Go Texans!

BTW, it's interesting that you've gone long and big with your new TGK. I recall that not long ago you flirted with a series of "lightweight playa's" sticks - Ti80 lite, PS95, BlackAce lite. What sold you on the big lumber after rapiering it up with those lightweights?
corners is offline   Reply With Quote