View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #55
hhollines
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga tennis View Post
THANKS PRO TOUR. She wants to be there bad but we just cant make it happen. Im just gonna take it day by day. If its meant to be it will be. I just want her to be in that environment everyday.
GA, I hope we meet one day as I think we (and our daughters) have a lot in common. We live in a weaker section and it's really hard (just yesterday, I couldn't get an indoor court so, on her OWN, she did 1 hr. of shadow strokes and footwork in our basement. . .

I so wish she could be in a better tennis environment but that's easier said than done. We have a son and jobs, family, etc. and hell no I'm not just moving for tennis alone and hope to figure it out.

I'm taking the LOVE she has for tennis, the LOVE for school (she is straight A's/Dean's List student), and the LOVE to be a regular kid, and continuing to slowly build on "all" those aspect and let the chips fall where they may. In tennis, she is a grinder (not power player), incredibly consistent, fundamentally sound, mentally tough and very athletic. I'll take those traits to build on any day. She started tennis late and will peak late, and I'm cool with that.

Hang in there . . . we can all encourage and support each other. It's hard but all that means, is continue pushing, trial and error, listening, probing and adjusting. No one has the blue print and no one has all the answers . . . I meet way to many "so called experts" who haven't done much better than any of us and that includes the academies