View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
isilra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildVolley View Post
Excellent post.

If you aren't slowing shoulder rotation just prior to contact you're losing a lot of power that could be delivered to the ball. The shoulders need to slow prior to contact in order to maximize arm and ultimately racket acceleration.

A back and core researcher (name escapes me at the moment) claims that professional athletes were good at very quickly stiffening the core to help other parts of the body accelerate.

Practice rapidly accelerating the shoulders but then trying to actively slow their turning when they are almost parallel to the net (assuming you're hitting down the middle).
That is why i love this game and learning about it's stuff. Everything you do about tennis is also valid for other various sports, and the opposite. I get so excited about learning something about two handed backhand by watching a golf instruction video. Even when you fight with somebody, (which i have never done for years) i think you can hurt him by using the kinetic chain, just a forehand motion without a racquet in your hands lol.

Thank you and dominikk for there valuable informations.
isilra is offline   Reply With Quote