View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
mrmo1115
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to mrmo1115 Send a message via Yahoo to mrmo1115

I also just came back from playing this stick for most of the day. I enjoyed playing the stick, found enough stability and enough solidness from the frame. I found it was quite maneuverable and I was very comfortable at net which is something I was looking for in a new frame. Returns and serves were solid, definitely improvement from my PSTGT. One knock I had on the demo frame was that the string was pretty bad..(not sure if it was Head's new FXP Tour, but its black) I wasn't getting any comfort from the string bed.. it felt quite harsh even though its probably a soft co-poly. I'm feeling some pain/soreness in the muscle below my forearm which is common whenever I play a full poly bed. I feel like the stiffness is definitely highlighted with this frame and I would appreciate my normal set up much more with this stick (a hybrid of poly/gut). I was nailing my backhand.. my forehand needed some adjustments .. I was missing plenty of forehand down the line shots. Overall I was satisfied with this frame and I think I prefer it over the Blade (the other frame I'm demoing right now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz_Rocket View Post
Neil how would rate the stiffness compared to the previous IG and Youtek versions? Also Sonic Pro Edge is yet to be widely released but it sounds like it is a good match for this frame and may be even softer playing than the current Sonic Pro (something my ageing arm will appreciate!)?
I've never played with either versions extensively but I can tell you the racquet definitely does not feel plush or soft. I like the feel but I definitely will like my gut in my hybrid to soften up the string bed a bit more. I could never see myself playing full poly in this frame just for my arms sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Instead View Post
Neil,
How does the new Speed compare to the IG YT Prestige MP and IG YT Prestige Pro???
Can't comment on this but I can definitely tell you that the Speed packs a bigger punch than the MP highlighted by the thicker beam. Not sure about the power level on the Pro. Little less control than the Prestige I'm sure. The only relation I have to the Prestige MP is being a former user of the FXP Prestige MP for more than 3-4 years. I flirted with the MG Prestige for close to a year before returning back to the FXP.

Last edited by mrmo1115 : 01-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
mrmo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote