View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #71
ChicagoJack
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by polytheist View Post
I would love to hear feedback on a gut/polymaster setup. Polymaster is expensive, but i'm intrigued by the weave angle argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corners View Post
Yeah, gut/polymaster II is first on my list of strings to try when the weather warms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
PLEASE let me know how the Yonex plays. I have purchased some, however, the hybrid set-up I have usually lasts 30-40 hours and I have a ways to go before I restring. (edited) ... Maybe the Yonex can be a SOFTER version of the MSV.
I have just placed an order for four string test demos. I will be testing all 4 together, at the same time. All will be going into 4 identical racquets with the same gut mains at equal tensions. I will keep my Gut/Polyfibre Hitec 18 in a 5th racquet, as that's the one to beat for comfort and playability (at least in my book) TW only had Gosen PolyMaster I, which is just a slightly larger diameter of PolyMaster II. I didn't want to pay shipping associated with obtaining the II from another source.

Will update asap.

Jack

Last edited by ChicagoJack : 01-12-2013 at 09:24 PM.
ChicagoJack is offline   Reply With Quote