View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1164
Polaris
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelDali View Post
The funny thing is, is anyone can destroy apple and Samsung with a better product.

Imagine if this new BB London had full blown photoshop.

Imagine if it had a music player that wasn't a complete POS.

Imagine if it had a multi LED thin panel notification bar at the top that you could customize with colors and patterns for different communication events.

Imagjne if it had a keyboard that actually worked without errors. Every time.

Imagine if it had all my finance apps.

Imagine if it had a seamless backup solution that was reliable and more portable.

Imagine if it had a robust VPN platform for corporate computing.

Imagine if it could massage your lower back or stomach and tell you everyday that you are the GOAT and people LOVE you.

I would buy it in a second.
I loved my humble Blackberry Curve. It's app range sucked, it had a stupidly small screen and it was just a 2G phone with a physical keyboard, but typing anything on it was just so much clickety-clickety fun. I had it unlocked and used it on a recent trip from several Asian countries. Texting is big in India, and I got a lot of organizational stuff done just on the phone, just by texting the people involved and rarely even speaking with them. Still so much fun, and usable where my then-CDMA-only Verizon smartphone was as good as a brick.

Also, as far as call quality goes, that was the best phone I've ever used. Somewhere along the way, the smartphone manufacturers forgot that these were "phones". I really hope that RIM comes up with something good. It is an uphill battle and very difficult to compete with Apple and Android, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited by Polaris : 01-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote