View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
NadalAgassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyizgood View Post
Out of the top 10, the only ones I could see giving Serena an issue would be Azarenka or Li. Li and her firepower usually gives Serena a challenge despite the H2H. Azarenka can pin Serena behind the baseline and has arguably the best return of serve, but lacks a real weapon to keep Serena guessing.

If Serena can lose twice at majors to players outside the top 20 last year, anything can happen.
Serena was injured going into last years Australian Open so things were quite different to this year which she enters on fire, even dominating a minor tournament which Serena usually cant even be bothered with. That said I dont think she had any real injury at Roland Garros and still was out in the 1st round to Razanno, and of course there is the U.S Open final shocker to Stosur, so yes anything can happen. I do think if someone beats her it would be in an early round or someone like Kerber catching Serena on an off day in the quarters. Once she reaches the semis I dont think she can be beaten. I agree of the top players Na and Azarenka are the two most likely to score a win, but if she loses it will mostly likely not be to a top player, as Serena owns all the current WTA elite. The last person in the top 100 who will ever beat her is Sharapova though.