View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
JT_2eighty
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
Update: The PS Strike is NOT even close to the same string as PS Energy. Slightly more power, less control, less feel, less spin. Lack of feel and touch. Held tension a bit better, but still dropping faster than other polys.

Anyways, I'm going to stick with PS Energy and I'll just have to keep restringing frequently. It's just not worth playing with anything else at this point. Much more fun playing with the Energy.
Hey, sorry you didn't like it. You may want to try crossing it with Energy mains, if you are running low on Energy.

I've been toying around with Turbo mains/Strike cross, and it's quite nice. I'm also a huge fan of full Energy, and even moreso full Turbo (which is simply textured Energy); and personally the Turbo/Strike combo seems to have a longer playability span than full Turbo or full Energy. I simply don't have the time to restring every other match, but if I did, I would have stuck with full Energy.

With Turbo/Strike, you get much of the feel of Turbo, with the added tension stability of Strike, which also allows the Turbo mains to snap back better than Turbo crosses which are high in string-string friction. And Turbo compared to Energy has a lot more spin capability.

Then again, I do realize full Energy is definitely a unique offering, so if that is your preference, nothing else is going to match it exactly.

back on topic, to the OP: if you want a better cross to gut, you should definitely consider WC Mosquito Bite. It is almost as soft as Energy, and miles ahead in terms of tension hold. I have used both as poly crosses to gut mains, and WC MB probably last 3-4 times as long, no exaggeration.

Last edited by JT_2eighty : 01-13-2013 at 06:25 PM.
JT_2eighty is offline   Reply With Quote