View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #2
ark_28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zam88 View Post
Otherwise why would a former #1 and 2 time grand slam champion subject himself to going out there tournament after tournament with 1 QF appearance in the last 6 years.

I don't get it... and i sure as hell hope Fed and Nadal don't allow themselves to be satisfied with that level of performance... it would be depressing.

If I was a true hewitt fan i would've wanted him to quit years ago.
Was thinking about this myself, it is a tough one isnt it?? I mean I guess many will say that if he is still enjoying it then keep going, at least one thing you can say is that being an individual he is not letting anyone down as such, (In cricket the legendary Sachin Tendulkar has been woeful for India for 2 years after a 20 year career they will not drop him and now people are starting to lose respect as the great man is becoming a liability) Hewitt does not have to worry about that!

But it also depends on how Hewitt wants to be seen himself! I like you find it very hard to see how a former world number 1 and 2 time grand slam champion can be happy playong out a few years on tour like a journeyman it does not make much sense to me either!
ark_28 is offline   Reply With Quote