View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #47599
Xisbum
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Xisbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood9826 View Post
I think the plan is for lap surgery. Which I hope they do. At the moment my Lipase levels are too high for them to operate. Waiting the results from some blood work friday to see if they came back down in the normal range.

GI Surgeon said normal Lipase is like 5-50 units per liter and mine peaked at 30,000. Pain was unbearable. I would thank the the guy that invented dilaudid if he were still alive. Mom said she was reading and people saying they were at like 2000 and in pain. Mine was at 2000 when they let me out of the hospital. part of the reason I was on liquid diet for the past 5 days. Finally started eating regular food yesterday.

They have these hospitalits who are just doctors that see admitted paitients. Pretty much all the doc did was walk in ask how I was doing tell me stuff the contradicted the specilists adn billed me 100 bucks for 5 minutes. Insurance rate was like 63 bucks. But still. I should have gotten good at lacrosse and went to johns hopkins on scholarship.
My wife had her gall bladder removed way back when, before they invented the suction technique. Full incision, long recovery. She told me the pain was like trying to pass a kidney stone, which I always thought was the most pain men could experience. Glad you got it checked, and hope everything comes out okay.

On a tennis note, I finally achieved the ultimate NTRP rating. I was trying to register a couple of teams for the upcoming season (a 40+ team so I can play singles and a 55+ team so I can have conversations with people who actually remember the 1960s), and when I got everything done and hit the "register team" button, TennisLink told me I had to self rate. Checked out my USTA number and my name, and I am listed as a 0.0. Ha. USTA finally got it right. If they really let me self-rate, I might try 3.0 for a while.

How 'bout them Ravens? May see an all Harbaugh SB.