View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #20
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
probably NRG2 or Wilson NXT is best ever. it isn't the lowest price but not the highest either
Why do you always ask about Tecnifibre X-one Biphase then???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotobaka View Post
Include Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro in your short list. One of the best multi's -- period. Better still when price enters into the equation.
It was too springy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Huff View Post
Pro Supex Maxim Touch has a lot of good reviews, and it's pretty inexpensive compared to the others. I like Head Fibergel Power too, but some think its not very durable. Technifiber MultiFeel isn't bad either, and cheaper than NRG2, and probably more durable.
Maxim Touch 17 is very powerful. Like gut it is great on serves and overheads but hard to control on groundstrokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
For me, the best bang for the buck multi is Prince Premier Attack 16g. Like most multis it is prone to premature breakage on shanks, but it lasts a long time if you don't shank it. I do tend to break strings on shanks, so I'm now using a hybrid of RIP Control mains and Premier Attack crosses.
This is a great string, just lacks a little feel on touch shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstchur View Post
The best is easily Gamma Professional. However, it isn't cheap. If you're looking for best value, I would say any of:

Mantis Comfort
Gamma Live Wire XP (very similar to Professional but considerably less expensive)
ProSupex Maxim Touch

I think the Technifibre strings are overhyped personally.

Another off-brand that is very good is Tier One Triumph.
Mantis Comfort is the softest string but not durable. I'm getting ready to try Gamma Pro soon. If I like it, I'll try Live Wire XP. I just finished with Tier One and it is very similar to my favorite string Discho Microfibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura9927 View Post
I tried NRG2 16 and it was completely wrong for my game. The string was thick and offered no spin control at all on my Bio 300T. I dumped it after one session and put in Rip Control and haven't played with a better string since. Tried NXT Tour on my Yonex and its is too powerful strung at mid tension.
NRG2 16 had no spin for me either. RIP Control 16 has the most spin but I found it lacked the control and feel I desired.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote