View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
tennis_pro
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeri888 View Post
Connors did not have massive surgery like all the time. Why do you even judge the guy? What's so ridiculous. Why is he more ridiculous than Somdev Devvarman or Simone Bolelli?
Because he's leagues above them. I can understand the fighting spirit but doesn't he have any pride? There's only a certain amount of beatings he can get at the AO before it starts to look riddiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeri888 View Post
Also, Hewitt came within a few points of beating Andy Roddick in the Wimbledon 2009 QF. Setting up a semi, with a favoured but pretty beatable Andy Murray. He would go on to beat Federer on grass a year later.
That was more than 3 years ago, he was 28 at the time and still in the top 30. Besides, I didn't critisize him, then. Heck, even a year ago he made a great effort getting to the 4th round and even took a set off of Djokovic.

Obviously, he'll do what he wants but I, personally, don't feel comfortable seeing such a fantastic player from a few years back getting straight setted in his home major by a former journeyman. Repeatedly.

Last edited by tennis_pro : 01-14-2013 at 01:14 PM.
tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote