View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #8
marc45
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeri888 View Post
Good news for his fans. I wonder if this is a sign he'll focus on the clay season more and more (with Wimbledon too of course) and leave hardcourts alone for most of the year.

I guess he should. Maybe should have done it years ago, if he wants to walk around healthy in his 40s.

Schedule like

(NO HC EXHIBITIONS!)Doha
AO
Sao Paolo
Acapulco

Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Queens/Halle
Wimbledon

Cincinnati
US Open

Davis Cup home ties.
agree with most...not sure what the requirements are, not sure when the "federer rules" kick in for him...i would only add, skip barcelona..yes obviously it would be a home tournament but he has madrid and those home dc ties if he wants them but he's certainly given enough to barcelona...fans should understand..has to avoid two weeks in a row other than majors....wimby is getting moved back, correct?, so that would make the grass tune-up better, but right now i would roll the dice (and i know grass is tricky, though not like it used to be) and not play a tune-up...yes yes, rosol, but rafa simply has to trust he can work his way into a tourney with less matches..and i'm not sure if you're suggesting he skip everything after us open but dc?...no reason if earlier season is managed he should skip wtf, he certainly wants to win one...and shanghai has a break before and after...that's certainly a possibility but nothing else in asia

Last edited by marc45 : 01-15-2013 at 04:53 AM.
marc45 is offline   Reply With Quote