View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #73
hhollines
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF View Post
hholines....after the last 2 weeks of seeing the other side, which is total tennis obsession, I am starting to agree with your philosophy more and more.
Thanks TCF. Of course, by no means do I have the answers but this is the saddest sport I've ever been involved with . . . if she didn't love this morbid sport, I'd sell her rackets tomorrow . . .

I may end up dead wrong but my wife and I decided to build her tennis program around her smile and love with the overall goal of developing her game (physically, mentally and technically) . . . that's it . . . for us, once we started doing that, we ended up doing crazy things that have nothing to do with points and rankings . . . it has been sobering b/c once we mentally separated and quit complaining about the overall U.S. junior tennis structure and just focused on what's best for her, the answers started to become pretty clear (for her) . . .

but, it's hard not getting sucked back in hence why I stay completely away from basically all tennis parents . . . almost all my daughters friends have nothing to do with tennis (and it has been so healthy).