View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #58
Mustard
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
We don't know. You're right, plea bargaining corrupts the process.

But another 'fact', as you say, is that he was doping and is publicly admitting it.

Whether treated as guilty or not, as you say again, he was doping.

Mustard, you're admired by many here, including myself, but to quote someone else in another thread, you're splitting a hair into four here etc. You're trying to change the goal posts now that he's admitted it himself, to a goal regarding corruption and plea bargaining. Please, for your good name. Stop
How am I changing the goalposts? It was always my point that Armstrong never tested positive according to the rules of cycling, that he refused all of the USADA's plea bargains up to the point when Armstrong said that he was "finished with this nonsense", and that the USADA threw the whole book at Armstrong for that reason. It's about the corruption of the system. Armstrong admitting doping to Oprah doesn't change all of this, that plea bargains rule. Even now, we don't know for sure if Armstrong's confession is genuine or a plea bargain to cut his losses.

All these people who are ostracising and demonising Armstrong, what have they to say about the USADA trying to plea bargain Armstrong in the past so that he could keep his first 5 Tour de France titles?
Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote