View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
kpktennis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvforty View Post
imagine that your face grows on the back of your head, and your nipples and belly button grows on your back..... now you have turned the 1hbh into a left handed FH..

how would you hit that FH, you'd keep the core rotation going thru the shot, right? you wouldn't stop the core and just let the arm go.

so I am saying in order to windshield wipe that 1hbh, you have to keep the rotation going.... don't worry about 'staying sideways'.

staying sideways goes hand in hand with the old ways of hitting forward... this is a mirror image of the old ways of staying sideways and hitting 5 balls in a row on the classic FH.

if you stay sideways and try to address the ball with the leading edge and windshield wipe, you will flip the face shut and ball ducks in to the net.

FH works the same way.... if you stay sidways and try to hit WW FH, the faces shuts and ball ducks into the net.
Excellent post, aside from the fact that I will probably have nightmares for days to come xD. I think this just might be my issue, that I'm not opening up my torso early enough and I'm just letting my arm fly through. Opening my torso would allow me to alter the face of the racquet without doing too much funky arm gymnastics, will definitely try this out next time I'm out on the courts
kpktennis is offline   Reply With Quote