View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #163
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaHartz View Post
I am a 4.5 who routinely breaks 125mph on my serve and I am lucky to get a couple of games a set on the former college players I hit with. It's all about focus. If the amateur, even a 5.0, is winning games against a pro, it is because the pro is not taking the match as seriously as he would an ordinary pro match.

I have hit with college players and challenger level players, and as someone said before, it is the weight of shots that is what kills amateurs. I am a very big guy, and I have trouble making solid contact with my ground strokes and volleys are a nightmare with their spin. It really makes me appreciate the beauty of the top pros game because I know how hard it is to play like that.
I have seen a lot of 4.5 players including ones that won nationals this past year. I have yet to see one that can hit a 125 mph (let alone one that does it routinely). If you really have 125 mph why are you still at 4.5? the rest of your game must be like 4.0? I have seen pro matches where serve speed is posted and some matches have guys that rarely break 125 on their serves.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote