Thread: Roster Changes
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
floridatennisdude
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kme5150 View Post
For them to be outside of the top 10 is totally unacceptable to the AD, I can guarantee that. I know a top 12 ranking is acceptable at some schools but it doesn't cut it at UF.

Straight from their website. "The University of Florida is the only program in the nation to finish among the nationís top 10 in each of the last 29 national all-sports standings."

When you have an athletic budget like they have and are in a state that is known for tennis, you are expected to produce.

I think they will be back in the top 8 in the next 3 years and top 5 in the next 5 years.
Not to stray too far off topic, but what about women's basketball at UF? They are never a top 10 and rarely a top 25 team. Should they just roll through coaching staffs endlessly?

Anyways, I think the expectation Foley has of Brian is to be "in the hunt for a national championship every year". Hearing Foley say that struck me as odd since Andy was fired a year off of winning the SEC. I think more went into that dismissal than just results.
floridatennisdude is offline   Reply With Quote