View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #21
tennisfan69
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF View Post
Wow, I could have wrote this post. My daughter is the same way. Been a natural athlete even as a toddler. Took me a while to figure out my technically obsessed focus was just getting in her way.
the tendency to see the fully developed pro( but pros are developing untill they retire.. that is why they are there ), in the very young physically underdeveloped body of a 6,7,8,9,10 year old is the biggest mistake one can make. kids tend to do certain things because physically they cannot do otherwise for lack of strength, height, perception etc. forcing them to do those techniques is detrimental to long term progress and also kills their inner fire to experiment their own way of improving things. tell you they figure out a lot of stuff themselves if you only let them figure out. Also certain techniques are to be taught only after their body parts have grown/matured.. like kick serve you need a strong back..

OP parts 1 and 3 goes hand in hand i guess. but 2 should be gradually introduced as age progresses.
tennisfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote