View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #36
JGads
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 View Post
This guy hits the ball with hatred, plus he comes to the net with fearlessness whenever he wants to. He's a good finisher. He has more variety and more tricks that make Delpo and Berd and Raonic look one dimensional. Plus his movement abilities look superior to Delpo and Berd. I became a big fan of JJ last night. He can do big things in the ATP, really big things. Gimelstob even said JJ's potential is "limitless. He can hurt you from any part of the court."

I don't think JJ is another fly by night Rosol, this guy can dominate. Janowicz is a very scary player. What do you think?
The best description of Jerzy yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merwy View Post
Yeah, I'm used to TT being nothing more than a bunch of clueless fanboys but this is just too much. I'm also starting to become a fan of JJ. But he's not better than his ranking indicates at the moment. Better than Berdych and Del Potro? Are you people stupid? Do Berdych and Del Potro almost lose to Devvarman? Del Potro just slaughtered his opponent yesterday, haven't seen Janowizc do that yet. I don't even know if he'll ever be as good those two, but he certainly isn't now. You've got to understand he has an everything or nothing style of play, usually not the kind of style you see at the top, for obvious reasons.
Agree.. I'm becoming a huge fan/believer in Jerzy's game and potential, but no way he's on Delpo's and Berdych's heels just yet. Especially Delpo, who appears back to true beast form.

After getting so wowed by Jerzy in Paris (epic potential film title, there), Jerzy in Melbourne has shown he still has some growing to do. He's gotten off to sluggish starts in both of his early rounds, and to me has looked a bit more sluggish than how he looked in Paris.
JGads is offline   Reply With Quote