View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #34
kragster
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towser83 View Post
Roddick in the past, also Tsonga in the past. I have a feeling someone who comes to net on a fast court is going to trouble him.

Another thing is, Djokovic has fallen flat against Federer and Murray in Cinci.. lost 2 finals to each of them, i think without winning a set. So on a fast court he is maybe more prone to losing
I cant help but think the Roddick edge was somewhat psychological, after Nole said those things in the post match USO 08 (IMO roddick deserved it) , it almost felt like the fact that Nole , the popular crowd loved star was now 'unpopular' might have played on his mind. In future encounters, it felt like Novak wasn't trying hard enough against Roddick, almost like he felt guilty.

I do think Nole can be hurt by lots of variety and changes in pace. In general I think a guy like Murray is the worst match up for him because Murray is good enough to stay in a rally and then when he chooses to he can mix in droppers, slices, junkballs etc. Having watched Nole for over 6 years though, it has gotten easy to tell when Nole is going to lose - just see if he grunts when hitting the ball when he is in a good/neutral position. Usually when he loses, you will not hear him grunting when hitting the ball. One other thing though is that if a player is beating Nole too badly, he wakes up and goes into madman Nole mode which is amazing to watch when he puts some sick power into his shots.
kragster is offline   Reply With Quote