View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #20
Candide
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
Wat?

Serena is not an amazon. She stands 5 ft 9 inches tall, just an inch taller than Stosur.

The only physical advantage Sharapova has over Stosur is height. Other than that, Stosur is a much more athletic woman. Also, even though Stosur is much shorter than Sharapova and Azarenka (5 ft 11), her serve is even more potent and her forehand is even heavier.

So, I don't believe Stosur is disadvantaged in anyway when it comes to physical attributes. She is just a mentally frail relative to her big rivals.
I think my main point stands. Ask David Ferrer if he'd like to be 3 inches taller and I wonder what he'd say (or indeed most guys under 6'). Jeez I wish I was 3 inches taller and I'm 5'11''. As for Serena she's got to be significantly more powerful than nearly every woman on the tour including Sammy by a fair way. Sam is cut but she's fairly slight in the frame underneath that. I do agree with you that her main problems are between her ears though and I do like her topspin game.