View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #7585
Feņa14
Legend

Guardiola going to Bayern Munich doesn't really come as a big surprise. They're obviously the best team in their league, with the best squad. They probably should of won the Champions League last year, there isn't really alot of work needed to be done.

I thought Man City would of been the best choice personally, they're building for the future with their new academy and it would of been a great opportunity for him to bring through youngsters. Man City also don't really have a specific identity like Man Utd, Arsenal, even Chelsea to an extent. The chance to better himself and go head to head with Ferguson and Man Utd would of been something you'd of wanted to see. Also for him to push them on in the Champions League and make the club his would of been a big incentive.

I suppose he was scared of going up against the team he wants to manage next in Man Utd. Barcelona, Bayern then Man Utd? Say what you like about Mourinho, doing what he did with Porto, an unfashionable club like Chelsea, then bringing the glory days back to a fallen giant and 3rd team in Italy shows how Guardiola seems to be taking the easy way out.

I'm glad he won't be at Chelsea, I think he's overrated personally and the fit in general wouldn't of made much sense. I just hope it doesn't mean we have to keep Benitez!
Feņa14 is online now   Reply With Quote