View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Chas Tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvid View Post
........................ I came across some physio exercises on the internet that ive been doing, also applying ice on the knee, however i have to say that i have felt more sore after starting with these exercises, which leads to my question, at this stage is pain (or soreness wouldnt really call it pain cause its not strong) always something bad? Or is it possible that these physio exercises will help me eventually even if it makes me feel more sore right now? //Arvid
Any details on the 'kneetendonitis' diagnosis? Where is the pain? Front knee cap area or other? Did the Dr tell you which tendon or joint might be involved in the pain especially since there are two very different joints in the knee area, the patellar-femoral joint and the knee joint. Did the Dr that you saw recommend any exercises or stretches to you?

I have read that cartilage does not have any/many? nerves. When my meniscus was torn I stopped tennis, after just a few weeks my knee felt great, no pain, much smoother motion than when I was playing tennis. I'm sure that I still had a torn meniscus at that point.

I believe, but am not certain, that many knee pains appear only when adjacent tissue or bones that have nerves, unlike cartilage, become involved in the injury maybe through inflammation. I guess, but don't know, that cartilage damage could occur and it would not be apparent by pain. ??

Last edited by Chas Tennis : 01-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Chas Tennis is online now   Reply With Quote