View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
RollTrackTake
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
xi98 is easier to swing, feels more crisp and is more solid per weight.

Yonex does have a bit thicker frame but it still plays like you have more stringbed to work with than the 97.

keep in mind, I never did warm up to Pro One 97, it swung too heavy for the stability and the sweetspot I was getting. It felt good once I added enough weight, but at that weight it swung like a log.
Thanks Anton. I've been meaning to try out the Ezone XI 98 for quite some time now. The one observation you made that its easier to swing is key. when i'm on the run and really stretched with the Pro 1 i can't whip it as quickly as i'd like consistently. i've noticed this more playing more advanced players this past fall season. what worries me about the yonex is that I played with the RQ-380 back in the day and didn't get used to the head shape. The reviews of the Ezone XI 98, Yonex's reputation for building quality, very near to spec frames and the specs are enough to give it a go though. I'll probably demo and hit it side by side with my P1. Now if only they dropped the price since they've got the new version I'd really be in trouble!
RollTrackTake is offline   Reply With Quote