View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #7589
PureAlph4
Semi-Pro

Podolski might play better up front than he does on the left, but I think if he ended up as the lone striker / centre of front 3 then we would be even more limited than we are at the moment. His finish against Swansea in the original tie at the Liberty, though, represents the kind of thing we are missing from the centre forward at the moment. The problem with our forwards is that they are either situational players (i.e Walcott), or not quite good enough.

I wonder if after Arsene has had his original 5m offer for Cavani turned down, followed by having his 'improved' offer of 4.5m + Denilson rebuffed, he will turn his attention in the last couple of days of the window back to the young, marketable Vietnamese striker, Panic Buy, who various agents have been recommending to the club.

It's worrying that in the past big name players would be linked with Arsenal, and would be keen to join, but the limitation was that everyone knew the club would not pay the transfer fee, nor the wages, yet now, regardless of whether we were to splash the cash or not, the top players are simply not interested.

If we lose to Chelsea (A) this weekend, and Spurs were to beat United at home, it would be reaching the point where taking the risk of overstretching in the January window would not be worth it, and all funds should be diverted to real, reasoned moves in the summer.
PureAlph4 is offline   Reply With Quote