So now basically I've been playing with the new wilson rackets. I am very happy so far....could instantly adapt to them. They feel consistent and you know what to expect.
The rackets has increased my serve speed and much more effortless now. Second serves not as good as on the tours - yet. When I'm more comfortable with the wilsons, I'm sure the second serves will be acceptable.
What I like about the wilsons so far:
- first serves much more effortless and will skid less, but "fly up"
- racket much lighter so it feels like its harder to get tired
- low volleys feels great and stable/controlled
- misshits on the actual frame or close to the frame, feels more comfortable and i actually like the sound it makes when misshitting - unlike on the tour.
- This racket is so light, i can add the lead at 3 & 9 as on the tours, except with some lead in the buttcap as well if needed.
Things to sort:
- unstable without lead at times, even with the wider frame.
- lead works, but it keeps falling off due to the matt paint.
- very very undecided about 2 string types (poly or kevlar)
- the stock strings are on their way out just as a tournament is about to start. I can only get my strings on the day of the tournament...which means they will not be broken in - this is integral to which strings I choose - babolat pro hurricane(white or yellow?) vs. ashway crossfire. My guess is that the ashaways will take much longer to break in and not be "raw" and skidd-like on the ball....
Any help would be much appreciated.
I know how the pro hurricanes felt in the flexible exo tour - did not like it much, even though pro hurricane has worked great on previous rackets I've own.(see OP) On the exo tours, I preferred the ashway's for sure...It is however with the stiffer wilsons I am unsure what either strings will do...
Last edited by mxmx : 01-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.