View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #88
andfor
Hall Of Fame

^^^Thanks. One last thing.

The idea of writing a letter or worse a letter writing campaign about a so called junior tennis player line calling cheater is very disturbing to me. Demonizing a kid over perceived bad line calling is simply tantamount to parent bullying of a child. If a kid develops a reputation as a cheater, be prepared before the match and know how to deal with it. I can't tell you how many matches I've watch where a kid has been identified as a cheater before the match and nothing happens out of the ordinary during those matches, regardless of the outcome.

Writing a letter over egregious bad sportsmanship like cussing, coaching, physical violence, verbal threats, uncalled for parent involvement, etc. that is supported by witnesses, sure write the letter(s). Otherwise let the kids play their matches, stop trying to win matches from the side lines and stop the excuse making.