View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #7600
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreSami View Post
Or perhaps Guardiola didn't want to be the driver of some trigger happy billionaire's train set.

Meanwhile, Nigel Adkins has been booted by Southampton! That'll upset people who had money on Lambert being the next manager sacked.
I wouldn't want to either if I was Pep but having the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar, et all at my disposal wouldn't be half bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreSami View Post
Indeed, very strange to be citing 'long term ambition' as the reason when they have a very serious short term goal of avoiding relegation. Very harsh and disrespectful to Adkins after what he's done for the club as it seems they'd been lining up a replacement for him ages ago.
Very disrespectful. Didn't he take them all the way from League 1? I can remember them not being that good not too long ago, although they do have a great academy. Stupid decision to fire him. He'll go to a bigger and better club though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAlph4 View Post
Makes no sense at all.

Two straight promotions, 15th placed in the PL, and seemingly stable management.

Look at their last 5 results in the PL: Chelsea (A) draw 2-2; Villa (A) win 0-1; Arsenal (H) draw 1-1; Stoke (A) draw 3-3; Fulham (A) 1-1. That's an impressive 7 points from the 5 games, picking up points where they wouldn't have necessarily been expected.

Pochettino may well be a good manager, but he has no experience in English football. The chairman talked of how Pochettino's abilities as an "excellent man manager" helped motivate the move, and yet he doesn't speak English. Just to name two obvious examples, look at how that worked out for Juande Ramos and Capello.
Juande Ramos was responsible for the only silverware the Spurs have won in the last decade or so.