Serbian No. 1 Ana Ivanovic, the 2008 French Open who is still all of 24 years old, has split from Australian golfer beau Adam Scott. The Spin is sad to see them go as a duo, as they comprise one of the best looking pairs in the history of tennis coupling. Those inclined to wax emo about this news can satiate themselves here.
Without further ado, here are five things that Ivanovic and Scott said over time about their on-again, off-again relationship:
1. December 2010: "It was disappointing that Ana and I are longer together, and it was tough when her and I broke-up. It wasn’t always easy seeing we both had our respective sporting careers. But in the time we had together we had a great time and I really enjoyed her company. Ana is an amazing person and an amazing tennis player, too. I learned a lot from being in her company."
2. September 2011: "It was really nice to see him there. Now we're just happy, and that's all that matters."
3. Ivanovic, in January 2011: "It's tough. I think it's better not to mix professional life and personal life, although that's hard. If you're happy in your private life, that will affect your tennis, and that will help you, actually."
4. November 2011: "Ana and I have just begun to see each other again. We have found a way to get it working well on. The past has taught me is that if you want anything to work, you'll get it to work, without problems."
5. December 2011: “I like the relaxed, laid-back Australian mentality. And I also feel like he’s very helpful around the house. When we’re together he offers to do things and help—much more than Serbian men would."
Parting shot: Here's AI in happier times, even solo.
Her form on the tennis court to date in 2012 has shown it, and her legions of fans hope it's true: The girl's gonna be all right.