View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominikk1985 View Post
The Advantage of the WW FH is of course that you can swing harder and still Keep it in. however you have to generate that RHS in the first place.

I noticed that a lot of the WTA Players with "ATP FHs" often lack Penetration in their FH (like the italian and spanish Girls who all use the WW finish) and most hard hitting Girls use more of a swing through (against the other shoulder) finish.

the only hard hitting WW women I can remember are henin, kuzneztsova and stosur. are women hitting flatter because they are not strong enough to hit heavy and hard? (obviously stosur and kuznetsova are strong enough but they are probably stronger than the average WTA Player).
I think women hit flatter (with an accompanying non-WW follow through) sometimes for the same reason that men hit flatter (with an accompanying non-WW follow through) sometimes. Flatter shots can be effective in taking time away from the opponent.

I don't think it's true that WTA players are not strong enough for the WW forehand.