View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #146
Phoenix1983
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
I love how much the haters are burned Serena is 2nd on this poll, even in what is clearly a Serena hating forum.
Well, you're clearly in love with Serena, so we can't take what you say on the subject seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Truth is a poll done in the real World with thousands of voters, not only would Serena be atleast 2nd, she would be alot closer to Graf than she is here.
I don't think that's true, I think Graf and Navratilova would clearly be the top 2 if a poll were done across all age groups. It's generally the younger generation who think Serena is GOAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Also to the Graftards who keep pumping achievements this and achievements that, and numbers this, well if you are dead set on that then fine, dump Serena down to 5th or 6th all time as you so desperately want to,
I have Serena at 4th.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
but now also give Margaret Court her rightful due and admit Graf is unworthy of her GOAT position, and it should be Court instead. After all every single one of Court's stats is better than Graf, more singles slams, more singles tournaments, would have more time at #1 if the computer rankings had been around then as she was by far the Worlds best player for more than 8 years of her career, an amazing doubles career vs the non existent doubles career of Graf.
Court won 11 out of 24 slams at the pre-Open Era AO. Graf won all 4 majors at least 4 times each in the Open Era. Graf is clearly greater than Court. I've already explained why doubles are irrelevant for the GOAT debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
She also didnt need her biggest kryptonite stabbed to achieve any of that either, she did every bit of it on her own.
Why do you persist on making the Seles stabbing a unique event; as I've explained previously, it's just another hypothetical "what would have" happened situation. I see in one of your previous posts you try to claim that Steffi was actually responsible for the stabbing (i.e. had a connection with the person who committed the attack). Tinfoil hat nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
So if you want to put down Serena by making it nothing more than a numbers game, then stop with this Graf GOAT nonsense as well and admit Court >>>> Graf which by a numbers and nothing else standpoint she clearly is. In the case of numbers and nothing else Navratilova with her doubles career and 167 tournament titles should also be higher than Graf, and Evert probably has a more complete singles career than Graf in many ways too. Of course Court's numbers are qualified with a bunch of excuses and it is suddenly not all about numbers when it is Graf vs Court, yet when it is Graf vs Serena it is. What a joke.
If you want to put down Graf because of the Seles stabbing, you have to take into account all hypothetical "what ifs" in tennis history.

Therefore you have to admit that Maureen Connolly is GOAT, because she would have won every slam competed for the rest of the 1950s if she hadn't been injured.
__________________
Sloane Stephens and Laura Robson: future WTA world No 1 and 2.
Phoenix1983 is offline   Reply With Quote