View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #7607
Ross K
Legend

^^^ I'll never say a doubting word about him ever again!

Actually, having not said much here about Spurs here for a while, just want to say - and in contrast to quite a few other Prem teams who you may have expected a bit more from, like, eek! Newcastle, for example - I'm pretty impressed with how AVB has begun to imbed his tactics, philosophy, whatever and got us playing - and not only that but also playing with real spirit too - today being a great example as IMO we not only deserved the point with Utd, we quite possibly deserved all three.

In a basic way, you do get the sense he is molding the younger players to play a very certain way, and the ones he's brought in have to compliment and be in line with this. An exciting off-shoot being the (delayed but secured) capture of Lewis Holtby from German football.

There are a few other things I've liked the look of... not least the IMMENSE form of Vertonghen (what a superb signing)... the way Defoe has reemerged, Dawson too actually... the way our ripped apart side (VdV and Modders sold) has relatively quickly found a new personality and authority... Sandro, Bale and Lennon's form under AVB... etc.

Anyway... yeah, I was one happy bunny when that goal went in.

Last edited by Ross K : 01-20-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Ross K is offline   Reply With Quote