View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #92
zagor
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedans Penthouse View Post
I love Fed. But i hate fanboys who post stupid know-nothing bullshlt....
Sorry but I seriously doubt that, otherwise you'd call Sampras fans for their BS as well, like these two posts below for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
Yep. And then along came Federer who had a target to aim for. By the time he won his 5th, everyone was asking him if he could break Sampras' record. He had a target, he went for it and got it. And he has kept his fitness and game at a peak level because he doesn't want to happen to him what happened to Sampras.

Put Sampras and Federer head to head in their primes...that's the only way you can compare. Federer was made to look god-like when he had no one around in 04-07, but i suspect he would have been made to look very much human if a prime Sampras had been around in 04-07.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
Well by that reasoning let's all go home. Bar Laver's double grand slam, Fed's achievements over all shadow everyone else. So why single out Pete? Why not single out Lendl, or Borg, or McEnroe? Or anyone else?

I think I know why. The one player Fed fans would not want to see their player play in a prime v prime match is Sampras. Wimbledon is the biggest show on earth, and against Sampras in his prime in the biggest match of the biggest show on earth, it could get very ugly for Fed.

And that's just the fans. What about Fed himself? He can accept the *** reamings he copped against Nadal at the FO, but facing PISTOL Pete on W Centre Court might just be enough to make the great Swiss cry...and that's before a ball has even been bounced. Note, prime Sampras, you know, 7 titles in 8 years...that Sampras, not well-past-it-Sampras.

Also, "stinking little fanboy vaginas"? Seriously? People are allowed to think Fed is better than Sampras, even much better, heck Sampras fanboys in this thread feel the same, just the other way around.

Last edited by zagor : 01-21-2013 at 01:50 AM.
zagor is offline   Reply With Quote