View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #1294
nickarnold2000
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
I have played a Signum Pro Tornado/Syn Gut hybrid for the last several years so I haven't really tried too many polys but these would be on my short list for soft polys to try:

Signum Pro Tornado- since it's shaped and twisted not sure how well it would do in the 99S. Does hold tension well.
Signum Pro Hyperion- fairly soft and good tension maintenance.
Signum Pro Poly Plasma- another softer poly that holds tension really well.
Weisscannon Black5edge- have played with this a couple times and I believe people talk about its softness.
Yonex Poly Pro Tour- hit with it once in the yellow and this one seemed like a pretty soft and elastic/powerful poly so it might be a good option

I just strung up the Black Code and hope to bit with it tomorrow so I'll give my feedback then.

Also, not sure what gauges you are using but you may try a 16L string. 4G has 16L and that may soften the stringbed up a bit. Just throwing out some options.

Any one else have any ideas as I am trying to find the right combo of power, spin, and durability in a string for this racquet.

On a side note- won my usta doubles match today 6-3, 6-2 using the steam. Probably served better than anything.
Would it be possible to use a 15 gauge syn gut as a cross? I haven't hit with the 99s yet but I get nervous(as in wrist health) hitting with full poly.
nickarnold2000 is offline   Reply With Quote