View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #44
Laurie
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY View Post
She lacks that instinct I referred to earlier--more and more, she's becoming--or already is Kuznetsova 2.0--or maybe she will be stuck with half of that success (such as it is). She buries herself into introverted head case zone, and that is not the mentality of a multi majors winner in the Open Era. Make no mistake, there's a difference between being reserved (Borg, Graf, Lendl, et al) and behaving as though she could bury her head in the sand at any moment.

Perhaps the situation is as others have said elsewhere: she needs a sports psychologist.

The only chance she has is the perfect storm of top players being the victims of fluke loss, injury, or not showing up. Just changing one of the factors means Wozniacki goes back to her not-so-terrific trio filled out by Jankovic and Safina.
I have been thinking about this. If I was a sports psychologist, I would emphasize that she gets to travel the world, earn lots of money and gets to run around in the sun more often than not on an almost daily basis. Most people would love to be in that position and so she should embrace the "pressure".

I think most Kvitova fans (myself included) are waiting for the day when she has the realization moment. That's when her tennis will improve and her commitment returns to go with her talent. That realization moment may not have happened just yet.
Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote