View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #2364
Flash O'Groove
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFED View Post
Come on pc1, not so sure about Nadal being top 10 all time?? He is the best clay courter of all time (only Borg is in his league). That should be enough. In any case, if you are not sure about Nadal then how can you make a case for Riggs, Segura, Hoad, Sedgman or Budge?? The bull is clearly a more accomplished player than any of those (maybe Budge comes close but not close enough imo). He is arguably a top 5 all time already. IMO any list without Nadal in it is a crazy list to say the least
Yes I agree. I sometimes tend to underrate him myself because I want to give acknowledgment to achievers who are often underrated (Connors and Lendl), but any close inspection shows that their is no doubt about Rafael Nadal top place: The best clay player of all time, as shown by his utter domination of the clay master 1000 and Roland Garros; a very accomplished grass courter, as shown by his wimbledon title and runner-up appearance, a very competitive (to say the least) hard-court player. That's on paper, and doesn't consider the strong impression his game make.
Flash O'Groove is online now   Reply With Quote