View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #2370
pc1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFED View Post
Come on pc1, not so sure about Nadal being top 10 all time?? He is the best clay courter of all time (only Borg is in his league). That should be enough. In any case, if you are not sure about Nadal then how can you make a case for Riggs, Segura, Hoad, Sedgman or Budge?? The bull is clearly a more accomplished player than any of those (maybe Budge comes close but not close enough imo). He is arguably a top 5 all time already. IMO any list without Nadal in it is a crazy list to say the least
Sometimes I tend to be too careful but you're probably right.

You know what it is, every World Champion seems to be called the GOAT and after their careers are over the opinions often change. Laver was called the GOAT. Connors was called the GOAT. Borg was called the GOAT. Gonzalez was called the GOAT. Nadal has been called the GOAT. Federer has been called the GOAT. Sampras has been called the GOAT. Some thought Wilander has a shot to be the GOAT at one point. There are some many GOATs that I think some tennis officials should be sheep herders. lol. So I guess sometimes I like to wait until later in the player's career to look at the results. I may have been too careful with Nadal.

Frankly I think Nadal is one of the few who can be the potential GOAT in the future. That's how highly I view him.

Last edited by pc1 : 01-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.
pc1 is online now   Reply With Quote