View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #24
ChadW
Rookie

Default Great input!

Thanks to all for the input and comments. I have been playing with my Head Youtek Speed MP 16x19s for the last couple years, and have enjoyed them. I've started to think that I'd like to go to a smaller head though, so I'm looking at something in the 95 range.

As luck would have it, I found a Wilson BLX 6.1 95 16x18 (red and black version) at the local used sports equipment store and got it for only $25! It has good heft, and a good feel for my game. I don't see a huge difference in the 95 sq. inches vs my 100 on the Speed MPs, so it could just be that I'm a sucker for the marketing too.

For what it's worth, the BLX 6.1 95 is actually a touch lighter than the Speed MPs that I've added a good bit of lead to. I've got them coming in around 365g but still about 10pts head light.

So, I feel like I can almost play with both and have a similar feel. The open string patterns certainly contribute to that.

All told, I'm thinking it's time to move to the smaller head size (though I'm not exactly sure of the benefits), so I'll be on the lookout for any used BLX 6.1 95s around here on the cheap... (my local tennis shop wanted $130 for a demo that was trashed to h3ll!!)
ChadW is offline   Reply With Quote