View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Saareon
New User

Default Looking for string opinions and help

Hi, this is my first post on the forums and I could really use some help. I'm in that stage where I'm still trying to find a racquet and string combination that works for me. I've demo'd 20+ racquets and I now have a Dunlop Aerogel 4D, 2009 Babalot Pure Storm GT+, and a Head Youtek IG Radical Pro.

Anyway, with that little back story out of the way I've tried tried a few different string set-up.The one big issue I have is that the string I use has to be able to last at least a month because the closest stringing shop is over an hour away from my home.

I've used Luxilon Big Banger Original and Alu Power 16. I really liked the power and control these two strings have but they seem to go dead rather quickly. Volkl Cyclone is a string I used through most of the summer. I loved the spin I could get but it was really rough on my arm and it seemed more difficult to generate pace with it. I tried it with NRG2 as a hybrid which really helped with the comfort but I was still missing the control I had with the luxilon strings. Finally, I used BHB7 17. I really love this string especially in my Pure Storm. It feels great and I can generate a fair amount of spin. The only problem with this string I've had so far is after 2 weeks, 3-4 days a week for about 3 hours a day I'm out hitting sometimes just with a ball machine, its completely unplayable. I also wish it had a bit more power.

I was looking at giving Luxilon 4G 16L, Gamma Zo Tour Rough, and mixing Dunlop Blackwidow with Juice for a hybrid. Any feedback would be appreciated .
Saareon is offline   Reply With Quote