View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
MikeHitsHard93
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis View Post
Well, i guess what I'm trying to say is, for my game (3.0) I don't have to make any adjustments in my strokes when I play with powerful tweeners nor low-powered players sticks. Both sticks have the same probability of hitting long, hitting wide, and hitting out.

I judge power to be "depth", not speed. I've never measured how "fast" I can hit a ball with either stick. I'm sure there's a possibility that powerful "tweeners" can potentially hit the ball with greater speed than a low-powered player's stick. But that's not my concern, not at the level that I play at.

I personally use "player's" sticks because they are easier on my arm. Sure the babo PD is fun, but it shreds my wrist after a 1 hour hitting session. My Prestige MP doesn't hurt at all, but I find it to be just as powerful, not not more.
Really good points here. But once you start to get better you will start to notice how much some frames and strings impact your game. Trust me, there's huge differences depending on the situation.
MikeHitsHard93 is offline   Reply With Quote