View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #1482
Centerforward71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-verb View Post
Excellent post - thanks Centerforward71!

FWIW I had my Donnay X-Platinum 94 18 x 20 strung at 35 lbs and it still feels pretty stiff. With a 18 x 20 bed I would say 25-30 tops.

Which brings me to the point that "low tension" could vary when discussing open or tight string beds. With tight string beds needing lower tension than open beds.

Thoughts?
Thanks !! I see alot of people here tring what they think is low tension and really never getting to that sweet spot point and giving up. Look i play both hi and low, not that its for everyone but it definitely offers a completely differnet experience and for some one to never go back to the old from, and thats for various of my 4.5 and above level players..

YES AND YES on the stringbed patterns. I am testing a STEAM 99S in its normal ranges right now but will mess around with the low tensions, although it is possible that I may need to vary my theory and dwell a little higher. I have actually played it to about 45 and starts to lose the control there a bit for me. The one thing is that the string movement is significant on this racquest even with a fresh poly at that tension telling me that the string is not returning to position as the racquet is designed to do. I fear that it will get worse at the lower tensioons but Ill let you all know